If you constantly find yourself drooling over the latest Louboutin shoes and Zac Posen gowns, this post is for you.
Do you remember your middle school days when you traded your once-favorite T-shirt for your friend’s jeans? Trading designer and couture fashion with people all around the country is the grown-up, more-fun version of that practice.
It happens to all of us: We fawn over fashion week’s hottest designs and, if we have the funds, race to the department store—or online store, as the case may be—as soon as the designs are available. Our hearts pitter-patter when we remove the items from their packaging, and we look for an excuse to show off our new clothing and accessories. Cocktails, anyone?
That’s all well and good, but what happens when the Tory Burch bag you once had to have no longer makes your heart skip a beat? Have you found yourself crushing on a hot new Céline? What’s a girl to do?
That’s where HauteTrader comes in.
The Advantages of Trading Over Consignment and Resale
1. You’ll never get bored. When your favorite handbag becomes a source of boredom, it’s time to move on. This can be a hard idea for some of us to stomach, especially if the bag came at a high price. But trading eliminates the possibility of buyer’s remorse. All you have to do is list the item and shop for your next heartthrob.
2. It saves money. Let’s face it: Consigning and reselling may seem like fine options at first, but you know you’ll never get your money’s worth out of the deal. If you originally spent $2,000 on a dress, it can be extremely disheartening when you only get a few hundred dollars for it at a local shop—especially if you only wore it once or twice. By trading with other people on HauteTrader, you’ll know that you’re trading for items of equal or greater value than your own. It’s time to stop crying over your credit-card statements and start cleaning out your closet.
3. You can trade up. Each time you trade using HauteTrader, you’ll be rewarded with Haute Points, which can be combined with the value of your lower-tier items, making it possible to trade for an item that originally costs a lot more than yours. Or—and this is exciting—Haute-Points can be used to purchase items outright! All you have to do is upload your items, collect your points, and shop until you’ve found your new must-have. That’s right: It pays to trade.
4. You have more options. It’s always hit-or-miss when you pick through the racks of your local consigners. Some days you’ll walk away with a few good pieces (which still cost you money, by the way), while other days you’ll leave empty handed and frustrated—what kind of fun is that? When you shop HauteTrader, you’ll find countless designer items that can be delivered straight to your door, which can only add to the butterflies in your stomach.
5. It keeps you in style. Remember that brightly patterned dress you bought last season? It was great then, but a new work party is coming up and you could really use something more classic. When you trade, your unwanted fashion becomes your new form of currency for acquiring up-to-date styles. Before you know it, your hot little Chanel number will be hanging in your closet—now that’s très chic.
6. It keeps you protected. It can be nerve-racking buying designer bags and shoes secondhand—what if they aren’t the real deal? HauteTrader takes the anxiety out of the process. With Premium item listing – A optional feature for Tier 4 listings you can feel totally safe trading. After making a trade agreement, our team of style experts will screen the authenticity and condition of all of the items item within the trade. The trade will not be completed unless all of the items are authentic, and appear exactly as described in the item listing description. If an item is deemed to be counterfeit we will send it to the local authorities. We’re happy to do the heavy lifting to ensure you a happy trade!
We believe that you should never settle for less, and that your hard work should be rewarded. Start looking in our designer inventory to discover your next must-have piece!